Saturday, April 4, 2009

Reader Views

We'd like to thank Brenna for her review! We appriciate her opinion and hope that readers will take a moment to see what others think of "My Weird Family Series: My Vampire Cousin."

"My Weird Family Series: My Vampire Cousin"
Reviewed by Brenna Bales (age 11) for Reader Views (3/09)

This exceptional novel by J.K Hawkins is both thrilling and humorous. The outstanding storyline, along with the main theme of the story, create a tale that I know many kids will really enjoy reading.

The story’s main character, Alice, is strong, and confident, and smart. This is what all kids look for in a fairy-tale. They can easily imagine themselves as the character, fighting off the vampires, andreacting to finding out that their whole family is made up of mythical creatures. This book is probably for children ages 8-10, but any kid who loves a great adventure story will adore this book.

In the story, Alice finds out that her family is not only dead, but the living dead! As she escapes from all the vampire teeth coming at her, she discovers that no matter what types of creatures your family is made up of, you can still love them. It is a superb work of fiction that any child will find irresistible to put down.

The overall plot of the book is very intriguing, and kept my attention throughout. It did have some parts that went a little too fast, or confused me as to what was happening. No book is perfect though, and it amazes me that the author is only 12-years-old! Her writing is stunning!

The cover of the book looks very spooky, but that famous saying to not judge a book by its cover applies here nicely. The book was very captivating, and J.K. Hawkins is an amazing author.

I am really looking forward to reading the rest of this series, and any of the other books that she has written. I give “My Weird Family Series: My Vampire Cousin” by J.K. Hawkins a 5 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment